iPhone vs iPod Touch vs iPod Phone vs iPhone 3G Pro
Apple must hate rumors about their future products, especially when the products are going to be so much better! According to the National Post, some time later this year Apple will create the iPod Phone and the iPhone 3G Pro.
The iPod Phone would have voice/SMS and WiFi. That’s sweet! I want one now. I guess that’s the problem knowing that it’s coming, I can wait. Here I was just about to give in and buy me one of those iPhones with the expensive Rogers data plan.
Of course, iPod Phone isn’t all that different than the iPod Touch. I purchased one of these when they first came out and a new one this year just because I like it so much (plus the new one has a built in speaker). It’s absolutely amazing. It’s the best toy I think I’ve ever owned, well except for perhaps that Speak and Spell I had as a kid. They’re that cool, but of course, the iPod Touch can’t do all the things the iPhone can.
- No camera, No Phone, No microphone (although there are rumors of a head set mic combo are in the works)
- Does have WiFi and nearly all the applications that the iPhone has. Applications that need a microphone of course will not work on the iPod Touch.
- Buy once never pay again.
- Has everything it’s great! You can now even look at Adobe PDFs (with a third party application)!
- WiFi and mobile data.
- 3 Year contract (Rogers in Canada), monthly fees for cell and extra data plan.
- Just like the iPhone without the mobile data connection to the internet (so you can’t surf the internet or send email unless there’s WiFi around).
- WiFi, voice / SMS
- Contract length unknown, $100 or less target price, monthly fees like a cell phone.
iPhone 3G Pro
- That’s like next year, and probably like in 3 years for up here in Canada.